Frequently Asked Questions
- Will a concrete masonry veneer require horizontal joint reinforcement?
- Are steel shelf angles required to support masonry veneer with block backup?
- What are the industry recommendations on recesses in masonry veneer?
What are the industry recommendations for banding dissimilar masonry veneer materials?
When should ladder-type joint reinforcement be used and when should truss-type joint reinforcement be used?
- Are there Code requirements for joint reinforcement in masonry laid in stack bond?
- Are there Code requirements, in addition to horizontal reinforcement, for masonry laid in stack bond?
- Can heavy-duty 3/16-inch joint reinforcement be specified and used in a standard 3/8-inch thick mortar joint?
The decision to utilize this information is not within the purview of the MIM, and persons making use of this information do so at their own risk. MIM makes no representation or warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy or suitability of this information. MIM and its members disclaim liability for damages of any kind, including any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, which may result from the use of this information. This information is not to be interpreted as indicating compliance with, or waiver of, any provision of any applicable building code, ordinance, standard or law.